Thursday, January 31, 2019

Ready and Willing


Luke 19: 28 After Jesus had said this, he went on ahead, going up to Jerusalem. 29 As he approached Bethphage and Bethany at the hill called the Mount of Olives, he sent two of his disciples, saying to them, 30 ‘Go to the village ahead of you, and as you enter it, you will find a colt tied there, which no one has ever ridden. Untie it and bring it here. 31 If anyone asks you, “Why are you untying it?” say, “The Lord needs it.”’

32 Those who were sent ahead went and found it just as he had told them. 33 As they were untying the colt, its owners asked them, ‘Why are you untying the colt?’

34 They replied, ‘The Lord needs it.’

35 They brought it to Jesus, threw their cloaks on the colt and put Jesus on it. 36 As he went along, people spread their cloaks on the road.

============

“Can I borrow your van” was the question. “No, it is leased” was my answer, trying to avoid more expensive mileage. “Can I borrow your van” was the question from another person. “No, it needs brakes and tires” was my answer. Both were true at that time.

  • There were times when I held back.
  • There were times when I put something to the side for myself.
  • There were times when I could have given but was afraid to.


The owners of the donkey may have been preserving it for something special or they may have thought the donkey wasn’t ready. But when JESUS requested the donkey through HIS disciples, they let it go, not knowing when or if they would get it back.

  • GOD wants me to be generous.
  • GOD wants me to let stuff go.
  • GOD wants me to see that people are more special than my stuff.


It never will be a convenient time for someone to borrow something or need something. In fact, the needs seem to come when I have the least amount to give. BUT GOD seems to enjoy stretching me in this area. Maybe it is because I am holding onto things a little too tight in the first place.

GOD wants me to be generous with everything. While it is a long journey to truly being generous, I can start small and work my way up. GOD is generous to me.

  • Are you holding onto stuff that someone else can use?
  • Is GOD calling you to give to someone who needs your last dollar?
  • Will you allow GOD to use your possessions today to grow HIS kingdom?




No comments:

Post a Comment