Thursday, January 10, 2019

No Pat on the Back


Luke 17:And the apostles said to the Lord, “Increase our faith.”

So the Lord said, “If you have faith as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, ‘Be pulled up by the roots and be planted in the sea,’ and it would obey you. And which of you, having a servant plowing or tending sheep, will say to him when he has come in from the field, ‘Come at once and sit down to eat’? But will he not rather say to him, ‘Prepare something for my supper, and gird yourself and serve me till I have eaten and drunk, and afterward you will eat and drink’? Does he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him? I think not. 10 So likewise you, when you have done all those things which you are commanded, say, ‘We are unprofitable servants. We have done what was our duty to do.’ ”

============

Looking at the article that went around about someone, who gave a lot of money to a church, sparked an idea. I would do the same. When I gave the same sum I placed my hand to my ear but heard no accolades. “What about the service I did on this particular day?” I said to the LORD. I mean, shouldn’t I be better off for doing stuff for GOD?

  • There were times when I thought doing stuff for GOD was a measure of my faith.
  • There were times when I thought I could “move up” in the corporation of GOD.
  • There were times when I thought I could get “closer” to GOD by working really hard at it.


JESUS explains what it means to have faith. True faith can not only do the impossible with full belief, but it also means following GOD without needing to see what or how HE is doing things.

  • GOD wants me to serve HIM with the attitude of “I am only doing what HE made me for.”
  • GOD wants me to live my life with HIS purpose rather than expecting my service to promote me in HIS kingdom.
  • GOD wants me to not think I can manipulate HIM into giving me more by being ”good.”


Faith is also knowing that GOD expects me to serve others just as HE, the Most High, serves me. When I doubt HIS love, I am not showing the faith HE deserves. HE simply wants me to believe in HIS plan, and tell people about HIS SON every moment I can. GOD increases my faith by giving me opportunities to explain HIS love daily.

  • Do you want more faith?
  • Do you think you deserve more from GOD?
  • Will you seek the lost for GOD without expecting anything from HIM right now?
  • When GOD does give you what you ask HIM for, will you believe it only came because of HIS love and not what you did?


No comments:

Post a Comment