Wednesday, January 9, 2019

The Cause or The Cure


Luke 17: Then He said to the disciples, “It is impossible that no offenses should come, but woe to him through whom they do come! It would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were thrown into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones. Take heed to yourselves. If your brother sins against you, rebuke him; and if he repents, forgive him. And if he sins against you seven times in a day, and seven times in a day returns to you, saying, ‘I repent,’ you shall forgive him.”

============

Bored and lonely, I decided to throw a party. I discussed this with my roommate and our plan was put into action. “Hmm, what do I need to make this successful?” I said to myself. “I know! Great music, booze and girls who would get drunk to… you know!” This was a good plan.

  • There were times when I was the cause of the problem.
  • There were times when I sought out to bring other people into my failure.
  • There were times when I wanted to be viewed as the king of “my” kingdom.


JESUS warns HIS disciples about sin. “Don’t purposefully cause people to sin” was the first warning and the second was “Forgive people a lot more than you think you should.” HE understands that the pride if Satan caused mankind to fall. BUT GOD also knows the fall can be temporary.

  • JESUS wants me to believe in HIS sinless life so I don’t have to be perfect.
  • JESUS wants me to understand that at some point in my life, I should try to reduce my sins.
  • JESUS wants me to forgive people because I too am a sinner who needs to be forgiven.


Forgiving people who are the cause of sin is probably harder than staying away from being the cause, for me. “Remember that time way back about twenty years ago” are the words that pop up in my mind that makes it hard to forgive “that” person. BUT GOD wants me to forgive even though I may never forget. I have caused many to sin, I am glad GOD has forgiven me and them.

  • Are you causing other people to sin by your poisonous or lustful or complaint–filled words?
  • Do you take sin lightly?
  • Will you allow GOD to help reduce your sin a little each day by adding grace to your heart so HE can grow you for HIS purpose?


No comments:

Post a Comment