Monday, January 21, 2019

Admiration


Luke 18: 15 People were also bringing babies to Jesus for him to place his hands on them. When the disciples saw this, they rebuked them. 16 But Jesus called the children to him and said, ‘Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. 17 Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.’

============

When I finally found a good leader, I believed almost every word they said. I would schedule as much time as I could just to sit and listen to their words. Whatever they told me, I would do. I trusted that person implicitly.

  • Many people have earned my trust.
  • Many people have lowered my skepticism.
  • Many people have said things that I instantly believe in.


JESUS stopped HIS disciples from forbidding children to approach HIM. I wonder if they thought JESUS was to politically important to deal with childish matters. HE summoned the children over and told the disciples to believe as a child believes.

  • GOD wants me to mature to the point where I implicitly believe in HIM.
  • GOD wants me to grow to the point where I have instant faith in HIM.
  • GOD wants me to increase my value of HIS words in my heart versus constantly proving HIM to be wrong by thinking HE is not meeting “my” expectations.


Admiring GOD in all that HE does is a lifelong journey. It means I have to drop my skepticism, doubt and know it all thinking. I should believe in the promises HE says instead of wavering. But sometimes I stammer. I am glad GOD said “MY grace is sufficient” for I truly need HIS grace. I do believe in HIM today, implicitly.

  • Are you skeptical of GOD because HE has not answered your prayer at the exact moment and the exact way?
  • Are you losing your trust in GOD?
  • Can you return to your childlike belief and admire GOD again?

No comments:

Post a Comment