Thursday, January 24, 2019

Just Make it Plain


Luke 18: 31 Jesus took the Twelve aside and told them, ‘We are going up to Jerusalem, and everything that is written by the prophets about the Son of Man will be fulfilled. 32 He will be handed over to the Gentiles. They will mock him, insult him and spit on him; 33 they will flog him and kill him. On the third day he will rise again.’

34 The disciples did not understand any of this. Its meaning was hidden from them, and they did not know what he was talking about.

============

Confused, I went to see a tutor for the Differential Equations class.  I sat there willing to understand, but when the person spoke it was still beyond my grasp at the time.

  • There have been many things spoken to me plainly that I did not understand.
  • There have been many things said to me that went over my head.
  • There have been many lessons taught to me that I could not grasp until I experienced it.


JESUS tried to speak as plainly as HE could when HE spoke to HIS disciples. HE told them HE would be blamed, murdered and would rise from the dead. No one had ever made claims like these, especially rising from the dead. They had seen JESUS in action and HE seemed invincible. How was all this to take place?

  • GOD says to me “MY ways are not your ways, MY thought are not your thoughts.”
  • GOD says to me “I AM the one who has great plans for you.”
  • GOD says to me “Life will have trouble for you, but no one can pluck you out of MY hand.”


It all makes sense now that JESUS has risen, just as HE said. But now the baffling statement of HIS return still lingers. I, like HIS disciples, just don’t understand exactly what is going to happen. Even though JESUS clearly states “I will return and rule with an iron fist and then destroy this cursed earth to provide a new heaven for MY believers to live eternally” I still don’t know what will happen.

All I can do is believe that someday, I will be with my GOD and HE will wipe away all my tears. HE will judge me for my sins and point to JESUS and ask me “Did you believe that HE took your blame?” and my answer will be “YES, Thank YOU LORD!” HE is my forgiver.

  • Are you confused about GOD?
  • Do you wrestle with HIS ways?
  • Will you continue to seek HIM, asking HIM to provide you with clarity to HIS wonderful plan for you?
  • Will you diminish your skepticism and start living your purpose today?

No comments:

Post a Comment