Friday, January 25, 2019

Purposeful Healing


Luke 18: 35 As Jesus approached Jericho, a blind man was sitting by the roadside begging. 36 When he heard the crowd going by, he asked what was happening. 37 They told him, ‘Jesus of Nazareth is passing by.’

38 He called out, ‘Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!’

39 Those who led the way rebuked him and told him to be quiet, but he shouted all the more, ‘Son of David, have mercy on me!’

40 Jesus stopped and ordered the man to be brought to him. When he came near, Jesus asked him, 41 ‘What do you want me to do for you?’

‘Lord, I want to see,’ he replied.

42 Jesus said to him, ‘Receive your sight; your faith has healed you.’43 Immediately he received his sight and followed Jesus, praising God. When all the people saw it, they also praised God.

============

“LORD, if YOU would get me out of this mess, then I will serve YOU” was my immature “if-then” statement. My heart was not really on serving GOD, rather I wanted HIM to clear up my mess so I could go back to getting what “I” wanted.

  • There were times when I really wanted something, so I prayed.
  • There were times when the end of my prayer was to get something.
  • There were times when I could care less about GOD until I needed something.


The blind beggar of Jericho cried out to JESUS, seizing his opportunity. No one could stop his pursuit of having JESUS heal him. He knew in his heart that JESUS was the only one who could heal him so he had nothing to lose and disturbed everyone’s day until he got JESUS’s attention.

When JESUS healed the beggar, he used that same loud voice to praise GOD. The beggar had a new purpose in life, to bring many to GOD.

  • GOD wants me to want things from HIM so I can serve HIS purpose.
  • GOD wants me to desire more and more from HIM so HIS purpose will be served.
  • GOD wants me to praise HIM loudly when I receive things from HIM.


With nothing to offer GOD, I pray to HIM daily. I mean usually I’m giving HIM my garbage in exchange for a blessing. GOD deserves more from me. HE deserves me shouting with excitement that HE saved me! GOD is Great!

  • Are you asking GOD for something?
  • Are you bargaining with GOD with no intention of serving HIM?
  • Will you stop trying to manipulate GOD and start serving HIM today whether HE answers your prayer or not?
  • Will you praise HIM for all the times HE has brought you through the storms of life today?


No comments:

Post a Comment