Monday, January 14, 2019

Something Inside


Luke 17: 20 Now when He was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, He answered them and said, “The kingdom of God does not come with observation; 21 nor will they say,  ‘See here!’ or ‘See there!’ For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you.”

============

Wanting to be mad, I grabbed onto every negative thought and held on tight. I was furious and just wanted to stew in my anger.  The more I thought about the situation, the more furious I got. Soon I was enraged. This was the beginning of a very bad day.

  • There are many emotions that I run through in a given day.
  • There are many feelings I experience at a given time.
  • There are many thoughts that run through my head for which I have a choice.


JESUS says something extremely important to the Pharisees, who were looking for a human “king” or “leader” that would allow them to get their way. HE speaks about the very complicated issue of “what sends a person to hell?”

  • GOD says to me “I have written MY laws on your heart.”
  • GOD says to me “I have made you for MY purpose.”
  • GOD says to me “I have placed MY SPIRIT in you and those who believe in MY SON as their savior.”


There is a war inside of me that I cannot see with my physical eyes. The lust of the flesh, lust of the eyes and the pride of life are forever causing me to think and act different than how GOD wants me to act. BUT GOD took care of all of my sin.

JESUS volunteered to become a human in order to physically be murdered by HIS own creation. By HIS own decree, all sinners would be separated from HIM for eternity. HE had to live a sinless life as a human, facing all temptations mankind could ever face.

JESUS died and rose back to life. HE sent the HOLY SPIRIT to live inside of me even though my lusts and pride are still there to battle HIM. HE gave me a second chance by placing HIS entire kingdom in me. I can accept HIS kingdom or reject it. I choose to accept it.

  • What war are you fighting?
  • Do you think you are the ”captain of your ship?”
  • Will you stop fighting GOD and allow what  is already inside of you to be focused on growing HIS kingdom today?

No comments:

Post a Comment