Friday, February 1, 2019

Can’t Stop the River


Luke 19: 37 When he came near the place where the road goes down the Mount of Olives, the whole crowd of disciples began joyfully to praise God in loud voices for all the miracles they had seen:

38 ‘Blessed is the king who comes in the name of the Lord!

‘Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!’

39 Some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to Jesus, ‘Teacher, rebuke your disciples!’

40 ‘I tell you,’ he replied, ‘if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out.’

============

Water was everywhere and all I could do was wait for the final drops to come in. A neighbor built his own pool. While this was a huge accomplishment in the neighborhood I grew up in, some things should probably be left to the pros. When the pool broke, it seemed like every drop went into our basement. I could not stop the torrent.

  • There are some things I cannot stop.
  • There are some things I cannot prevent.
  • There are some things that I cannot hold back.


As JESUS approached the city, huge crowds proclaimed JESUS as the one who was prophesied about for thousands of years. This is the “King who comes in the name of the LORD” they shouted. The church leaders could not stand for this to happen so they tried to stop the crowd from proclaiming HIS name.

  • JESUS says to me “If humans do not proclaim MY name then the rocks will.”
  • JESUS says to me “Shout MY name and I will remember yours.”
  • JESUS says to me “Do not be ashamed of MY name and I will not be ashamed of yours.”


Nothing can stop the power of GOD. People have tried to silence those who proclaim JESUS as LORD for years. BUT GOD’s power is too great. If one person is stopped, then three others will pop up proclaiming GOD as their savior. GOD’s power is like a mighty river that cannot be stopped. I will flow on GOD’s river.

  • Are you trying to stop GOD?
  • Do you think your power is greater than HIS?
  • Will you allow HIM to work HIS amazing plan in your life and others instead of trying to steer things in the way “you” think they should go?




No comments:

Post a Comment