Thursday, February 21, 2019

Partying and Worrying



Luke 21: 34 ‘Be careful, or your hearts will be weighed down with carousing, drunkenness and the anxieties of life, and that day will close on you suddenly like a trap. 35 For it will come on all those who live on the face of the whole earth. 36 Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man.’

37 Each day Jesus was teaching at the temple, and each evening he went out to spend the night on the hill called the Mount of Olives, 38 and all the people came early in the morning to hear him at the temple.

============

Worried about my future, I decided to go on a trip with friends. We all piled into a hotel room dreaming of the clubs we would hit that night. Although the distraction of having ”fun” was welcome, I still had a ton of worries on my mind. The party lifestyle was not a remedy.

  • There have been times when I sought out worldly “fun” to ease my pain.
  • There have been times when I was going through problems, so I sought out something to distract me from those problems.
  • There have been times when I felt so low that I needed something to pick me up.


JESUS gives HIS final warning to HIS followers not to fill their hearts with the partying lifestyle nor with worries of life. Both would distract HIS followers from seeking HIM daily.

  • GOD wants me to look for HIM to guide me daily.
  • GOD wants me to seek HIS solutions to my problems.
  • GOD wants me to pray that I may be ready for HIS return every day so that I may be ready to stand in front of HIM.


Being prepared for the return of CHRIST seems antiquated in some folk’s mind. I mean HE has been gone for thousands of years, why would HE return today. JESUS wants me to live my life as if HE was going to return tomorrow. Since I do not know what preparation HE is doing or why HE delays HIS return, I still have the obligation to seek HIM.

GOD wants me to act like the world is about to be on fire and HE wants me to diligently seek those who choose to reject everything HE has already told us. I can now fill my heart with prayer.

  • Are you worried so much that you want the party lifestyle?
  • Are you so distracted with life that you have not thought about GOD at all during your day?
  • Will you set your mind on GOD just a little today so you can see what HE has in store for you?


No comments:

Post a Comment