Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Stability


Luke 21: 29 He told them this parable: ‘Look at the fig-tree and all the trees.30 When they sprout leaves, you can see for yourselves and know that summer is near. 31 Even so, when you see these things happening, you know that the kingdom of God is near.

32 ‘Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. 33 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

============

Disturbed at the situation, I asked a few people for advice. Unfortunately, each person had their own way of dealing with the puzzle. Some used rage and forcefulness while others used cunning and wit and another used empirical information. What should I trust?

  • Sometimes when I need to make decisions, I get confused.
  • Sometimes when there are many viewpoints I try to get the truth, but truth seems “relative.”
  • Sometimes when I am faced with large circumstances, I want to make the best choice and not waiver.


JESUS continues with HIS discussion about the end of the age. HE tells a parable about humans recognizing that spring is near by their observation of the budding of the trees. HE tried to tie this analogy to recognizing the signs of the times.

  • GOD wants me to recognize the signs of the times.
  • GOD wants me to understand that even though there will be a “falling away” from HIM, I must hold onto HIS promises.
  • GOD wants me to seek HIS words so I can make better decisions that are based on HIS truths.


Looking back, the best decisions I have ever made were those based on following GOD. Humans can try to put their political spin on things or their negative view, BUT GOD’s word provides me with a stable path to walk on. Any and every circumstance I can face is addressed through statements given by GOD to me through many prophetic writers.

 JESUS says something extremely important. “Heaven and earth will pass away, but MY words will never pass away.” I choose to seek HIS words as mu stable foundation.

  • Do you waiver from the philosophies of humans?
  • Do you try to join superior groups only to find they are infallible?
  • Can you stop seeking human wisdom and seek GODLY wisdom, knowledge and understanding today?


No comments:

Post a Comment