Friday, February 15, 2019

Don’t Get Used To It


Luke 21: Some of his disciples were remarking about how the temple was adorned with beautiful stones and with gifts dedicated to God. But Jesus said, ‘As for what you see here, the time will come when not one stone will be left on another; every one of them will be thrown down.’

‘Teacher,’ they asked, ‘when will these things happen? And what will be the sign that they are about to take place?’

He replied: ‘Watch out that you are not deceived. For many will come in my name, claiming, “I am he,” and, “The time is near.” Do not follow them. When you hear of wars and uprisings, do not be frightened. These things must happen first, but the end will not come right away.’

============

Streets did not go through so there was plenty of places to play. The neighborhood was still being built and I could go on my quest to find loose pieces of wood to build my clubhouse or scooter depending on the mood. This was a paradise I thought would never change.

  • I marveled at how amazing things were at one time.
  • I was amazed at the paradise I was in.
  • I thought things would never change in “my” paradise.


Some of the disciples may have been trying to steer JESUS towards wanting a human paradise. They spoke to HIM about the temple how much it cost to build. BUT JESUS told them the temple would one day be torn down. They couldn’t believe it.

  • GOD says to me “Your journey on this earth is only temporary.”
  • GOD says to me “I have place you here temporarily to bring MY sheep back to me.”
  • GOD says to me “Do not get used to living here for you home is much greater than this.”


Unfortunately JESUS also told the disciples about humanity. Hatred would rise up enough to cause wars that would tear things up. As long as there is hatred, there will be no paradise on earth. GOD warns me and says “Do not be frightened” because HE is in control.

HE knows my future and has protected me all the way to the day HE has appointed for me. Neighborhoods and houses can be nice, but heaven is my home.

  • Are you working hard to make earth your paradise?
  • Do you struggle to form a utopia?
  • Will you stop thinking there is a better place somewhere on earth and fulfill your purpose for GOD today?

No comments:

Post a Comment