Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Have to be told


Luke 22: 14 When the hour came, Jesus and his apostles reclined at the table. 15 And he said to them, ‘I have eagerly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer. 16 For I tell you, I will not eat it again until it finds fulfilment in the kingdom of God.’

17 After taking the cup, he gave thanks and said, ‘Take this and divide it among you. 18 For I tell you I will not drink again from the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God comes.’

19 And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, ‘This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me.’

20 In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, ‘This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.

============

“An apple?” I questioned in my mind. I mean I wanted some doughnuts or something good to eat and this “old” person hands me some fruit. “Say thank you” another adult commanded me. “Why should I be thankful?” I questioned in my head. Not too long after, the lady passed away.

  • Many times I had to be told to be thankful.
  • Many times I had to be pointed in the direction of what someone had done for me.
  • Many times I had to have my eyes open to the blessings that have been poured out on me.


JESUS tells HIS disciples something they could not understand. HE thanked the FATHER then explains that HE would be murdered for them so please remember HIM when you eat. HE then said “This cup is the new covenant in MY blood, which is poured out for you.”

  • GOD had to tell me to be thankful otherwise I would not see HIS blessings.
  • GOD had to tell me what HE has done for me otherwise I would be full of complaints.
  • GOD had to tell me HE rescued me otherwise I would think that I am responsible for all my blessings.


“Remember ME” is what JESUS tells me when I try to manipulate GOD into giving me what I want. I mean HE sees when I am trying to be good so I can ask for something I want to have. During those times, HE wants me to remember HIM and what HE did for me.

When I am doubtful of HIS love, “Remember ME”. When I am feeling low “Remember ME.” When I have just about had enough “Remember ME.” JESUS doesn’t give me elaborate instructions to build a temple with my bare hands. HE simply wants me to remember HIM.

  • Have you forgotten what GOD has done for you?
  • Do you think you deserve more than you have?
  • Will you praise JESUS today and remember what HE has don for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment