Thursday, February 28, 2019

Requests


Luke 22: 31 ‘Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift all of you as wheat. 32 But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers.’

33 But he replied, ‘Lord, I am ready to go with you to prison and to death.’

34 Jesus answered, ‘I tell you, Peter, before the cock crows today, you will deny three times that you know me.’

============

Fueled by controlled anger, I figured that I would go above the person and talk to their boss. I mean the behavior needed to stop. Little did I know that the boss was in on the behavior and the consequences fell back on me.

  • There were times when I wanted to accuse people.
  • There were times when I wanted to tell on people to a higher authority.
  • There were times when I wanted to go to someone in charge and get them on “my” side against “that” person.

Satan requested permission to manipulate Peter into denying his faith in JESUS. Peter responded to JESUS that he would never do such a thing. JESUS knew Peter would deny HIM three times before the rooster crowed. He would fail.

  • GOD wants me to choose between complaining about people or praying for them.
  • GOD wants me to choose whether I will join in on the complaining or be part of HIS solution.
  • GOD wants me to choose poisonous word or pure words.

Accusing is something Satan does day and night before the throne. He complains in a wild torrent of rage to GOD and requests to test GOD’s children’s faith. In many instances, I fail. BUT GOD took care of that and picks me up to “strengthen my brothers and sisters.”

GOD wants me to think differently. HE wants me to stop acting like Satan by accusing “that” person before the throne. Others may complain about me, BUT GOD wants me to pray for their abundant salvation so things will go well for me.

  • What requests are you putting before the throne?
  • Are you complaining about someone or are you asking GOD for your forgiveness and theirs?
  • Will you request more grace to fit in your life so you can “strengthen” people from Satan’s attacks?

No comments:

Post a Comment