Thursday, February 14, 2019

Full Trust


Luke 21: As Jesus looked up, he saw the rich putting their gifts into the temple treasury. He also saw a poor widow put in two very small copper coins. ‘Truly I tell you,’ he said, ‘this poor widow has put in more than all the others. All these people gave their gifts out of their wealth; but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on.’

============

Watching the other bikers soar high and then land made me want to try. I got in line behind the others and watched them pedal hard then roll over the board that was leaning on a cinder block in the middle of our street.

It was my turn. I pedaled but at the last moment I thought about the flimsiness of the setup. I went too slow and I crashed!

  • There were times when I got filled with fear.
  • There were times when I doubted and could not perform.
  • There were times when I did not fully trust the situation and bumped my head.


JESUS marveled over a poor widow who gave all she had. Most would think HE was speaking about offering. JESUS knew she had no means to gain income and no one to take care of her. HE was excited that she put her full trust in GOD to provide.

  • GOD wants me to fully trust HIM.
  • GOD wants me to give my all to HIM.
  • GOD wants me to embrace HIM at every turn.


How much do I trust GOD to love me and take care of me? I believe this is the illustration JESUS was trying to make. Whether it means giving to a church or a homeless person or my time with someone in need, it should be done with “hope” in mind.

I should not fear to do what GOD wants me to do . I should pedal life’s bicycle harder and throw away the fear of failing HIM. GOD loves me and I trust HIM to decide where I should go and what I should do.

  • Is your trust in GOD low?
  • Do you feel like giving up on the pursuit HE has you doing?
  • Will you continue to put your all in HIM and trust that HE will have the best outcome for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment