Monday, February 25, 2019

Amazing Timing


Luke 22: Then came the day of Unleavened Bread on which the Passover lamb had to be sacrificed. Jesus sent Peter and John, saying, ‘Go and make preparations for us to eat the Passover.’

‘Where do you want us to prepare for it?’ they asked.

10 He replied, ‘As you enter the city, a man carrying a jar of water will meet you. Follow him to the house that he enters, 11 and say to the owner of the house, “The Teacher asks: where is the guest room, where I may eat the Passover with my disciples?” 12 He will show you a large room upstairs, all furnished. Make preparations there.’

13 They left and found things just as Jesus had told them. So they prepared the Passover.

============

“What a life-changing trip” I said to myself as I left my first missionary journey to a large city in a large country on a large continent. It was kind of sad to leave the people, especially the ones I had long conversations. Two years later I went back and was standing in a very populated place. Someone called out my name. It was a person I met two years prior.

  • Many times I have run into someone I knew in a strange place at a strange time.
  • Many times I have seen circumstances clear themselves up in amazing timing.
  • Many times I have been at “the right place at the right time.”


JESUS gives precise instructions on a very random event. HE tells them to follow a guy with a jug of water on his head. There could have been twenty or thirty people doing this. Which one would be the right one? The disciples did has HE said and found everything just as HE said.

  • JESUS says to me “I will take care of you.”
  • JESUS says to me “MY timing is the best timing.”
  • JESUS says to me “There are no coincidences, only MY power.”


GOD’s timing is amazing timing. I mean I have been in some pretty precarious positions and HE has never failed me. HE raises me up when I feel down. In this passage, another amazing timing thing happened. JESUS was being prepared as the sacrifice for mankind on the same day as the sacrifice of the Passover lamb. GOD has no coincidences in my life, only great plans.

  • Have you seen GOD’s timing lately?
  • Do you think coincidences happen in your life?
  • Will you give GOD the credit HE deserves for guiding you in HIS plan HE has for you today?


No comments:

Post a Comment