Friday, February 22, 2019

Unfair Trade


Luke 22: Now the Festival of Unleavened Bread, called the Passover, was approaching, and the chief priests and the teachers of the law were looking for some way to get rid of Jesus, for they were afraid of the people. Then Satan entered Judas, called Iscariot, one of the Twelve. And Judas went to the chief priests and the officers of the temple guard and discussed with them how he might betray Jesus. They were delighted and agreed to give him money. He consented, and watched for an opportunity to hand Jesus over to them when no crowd was present.

============

“Are you with us?” was the question posed to me. The crowd wanted a person fired but needed my title and position to make it happen. After meeting with the person, I gathered enough “evidence” to make the call, although it took a while to find anything really wrong. They had to go, was my final thought. I mean, this person wasn’t going to matter in the long run, right?

  • There were times when I traded in my values to do what the crowd wanted me to do.
  • There were times when I went with the crowd to protect “my” world.
  • There were times when I overlooked the innocent to figure out how to make the rich richer.


The church leaders had enough of JESUS and wanted to have HIM killed but they couldn’t figure out how to do it and keep their “holy” appearance. Judas was open minded enough to have Satan tempt him into betraying JESUS. Judas saw this wonderful amount of money offered and figured this person didn’t matter in the long run.

  • GOD says to me “Every person matters to ME.”
  • GOD says to me “Do not let your heart be so concerned with getting your way that you allow Satan to drive your desires.”
  • GOD says to me “Narrow is the path, but stay on it and I will be your guide.”


One day I will have to stand before GOD and account for everything I have done. Unlike a monetary system, sin outweighs any “good” I could ever do. JESUS did an unfair trade for me. HE gave HIS life in place of mine. HE decided to take my punishment in order to rescue me. I cannot thank JESUS enough for what HE has done.

  • Are you justifying being “unfair” to someone?
  • Do you think your slander is not seen by GOD?
  • Will you turn your heart over to GOD and allow HIM to guide your words today?


No comments:

Post a Comment