Monday, February 4, 2019

Weeping and Rejoicing


Luke 19: 41 As he approached Jerusalem and saw the city, he wept over it 42 and said, ‘If you, even you, had only known on this day what would bring you peace – but now it is hidden from your eyes. 43 The days will come upon you when your enemies will build an embankment against you and encircle you and hem you in on every side. 44 They will dash you to the ground, you and the children within your walls. They will not leave one stone on another, because you did not recognise the time of God’s coming to you.’

============

Complaining about the boss was finally a good idea. I mean the popular few were doing it and I wanted to be popular. While the rest of the group did not feel the same, I joined in on the complaints. When the person left, I joined in with the popular few who rejoiced. The new boss was far worse for everyone. I recognized what the old boss provided, but it was too late.

  • Sometimes I am blinded by my complaints.
  • Sometimes I am distracted by what “I” think is better.
  • Sometimes I am think my sin is “small” and GOD won’t mind.


“JESUS wept” sums up this passage. HE knew free will would be costly for Jerusalem. Political and church leaders would choose following human power, rather than following the ways and words of JESUS. This would be their fall and JESUS knew the fall would be eternal unless they changed their ways.

  • GOD says to me, “Recognize the good times that you may label as bad.”
  • GOD says to me, “Stop your murmuring and complaining and follow ME.”
  • GOD says to me, “Listen to MY words today while you have a chance.”


Looking back on the number of complaints I say per day, I realize I can probably fill up a volcano with these negative words. BUT GOD wants me to seek HIM and rid myself of this negativity. HE wants me to see through the gunk of life and praise HIM for each day.

Only HE can give me the ability to praise HIM. I mean there are some days when a lot rushes towards me and I am overwhelmed. GOD takes me by the hand and leads me besides still waters where only HE can restore my soul. HE is my peace.

  • Are you blinded by your complaints?
  • Do you blame GOD or praise HIM regularly?
  • Will you take a moment to praise GOD today for dying for your sins and the sins of the world?


No comments:

Post a Comment