Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Missing the Purpose


Luke 20: 41 Then Jesus said to them, ‘Why is it said that the Messiah is the son of David? 42 David himself declares in the Book of Psalms:

‘“The Lord said to my Lord:
    ‘Sit at my right hand
43 until I make your enemies

    a footstool for your feet.’”

44 David calls him “Lord.” How then can he be his son?’

============

Plastic handle with groves wrapped around hardened steel that protruded into a beveled point was a brilliant design for the screwdriver I owned. I clinched it in my hand and took a strong swing. The handle broke immediately as I hit the nail. All hope was lost as I was still in need of a hammer but did not have one.

  • Sometimes I try to use what I have for the wrong purpose.
  • Sometimes I miss the purpose of what things are for.
  • Sometimes I do not understand the consequences of missing the purpose.


JESUS spoke to the Sadducees about a passage they knew, but glossed over. HE asked them a question about the Psalm David wrote. “How could the LORD, who exists forever, be called the ‘son’ of David?” HE asks them. They missed the purpose .

  • GOD says to me “I AM the one who is Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end.”
  • GOD says to me “I became a human and died for you and was raised from the dead; so your belief in ME will be save you.”
  • GOD says to me “I came to humans with a purpose, to show everyone MY love for them.”


Missing GOD’s purpose for situations is easy to do. I mean I question why HE has me go through painful situations all the time. Then I try to “fix” the situation without having the right tools to do so.

Only when I relent to GOD’s grace and power, does the situation correct itself. I drop my immediate timeframe and allow GOD to show me HE is in control. GOD made me and HE made the world. HE knows what HE is doing and I am grateful.

  • Are you missing GOD’s purpose for you?
  • Do you think you have the tools to “fix” you or other people?
  • Will you ask GOD to guide you and those you are praying for?

No comments:

Post a Comment