Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Don’t Play


Luke 20: 45 While all the people were listening, Jesus said to his disciples, 46 ‘Beware of the teachers of the law. They like to walk around in flowing robes and love to be greeted with respect in the market-places and have the most important seats in the synagogues and the places of honour at banquets. 47 They devour widows’ houses and for a show make lengthy prayers. These men will be punished most severely.’

============

“I dare you to tap his arm” was the playground statement posed to me. This person was known for fighting and had an extremely short fuse. I wandered over and as I got close he turned around and said “Don’t play with me!” I could tell he meant it and, not risking a beating, I walked away. Laughter ensued.

  • There were times when I heeded the warnings.
  • There were times when I read the signs correctly in spite of what everyone thought.
  • There were times when I was forced into using proper judgment.


JESUS warns the people not to be like the church leaders who loved their positions more than GOD or HIS people. HE knew they had money and power on their minds and spoke harshly against it. Even though their prayers contained the word “GOD,” JESUS knew their hearts were not on HIM.

  • GOD says to me “Follow MY commands.”
  • GOD says to me “Blessed are the pure at heart for they shall see GOD.”
  • GOD says to me “Ask and I will cleanse you of all unrighteousness.”


Comfort and security in cash can sometimes lead me to forget GOD like the Sadducees did. I mean I can see all the symptoms. When someone is in need I can’t give, because I’m preparing for the next problem that could arise any day. But when a rich person asks for a lunch, then of course I will be there.

GOD wants my availability, my humbleness and my desires to be placed at HIS feet. HE wants me to seek HIM rather than positions, titles and piles of cash. GOD expects me to act different and thank HIM for what HE has done daily. I will not play around with HIS word.

  • Is GOD truly first in your life?
  • When will you get serious about GOD in your life?
  • Will you ask GOD to help you let go of the things that you should not be holding onto?



No comments:

Post a Comment