Friday, March 1, 2019

Being Prepared


Luke 22: 35 Then Jesus asked them, ‘When I sent you without purse, bag or sandals, did you lack anything?’

‘Nothing,’ they answered.

36 He said to them, ‘But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. 37 It is written: “And he was numbered with the transgressors”; and I tell you that this must be fulfilled in me. Yes, what is written about me is reaching its fulfilment.’

38 The disciples said, ‘See, Lord, here are two swords.’

‘That’s enough!’ he replied.

============

“Who is in charge?” the person entered the room flustered. The people pointed at me and I had to handle the situation. This was my convention and I was responsible for whatever happened. Days prior to the convention, I only prepared for what would go right. I was mistaken.

  • Many times I have not been prepared for problems.
  • Many times I thought life would be smooth with no rough edges.
  • Many times I thought everything should go my way, not the other way.


JESUS brings reality to the disciples by telling them the situation was about to change drastically. HE knew HE was about to be handed over to the church leaders and the government. JESUS would no longer be right there physically to protect them and HE implores them to be prepared.

  • GOD wants me to be ready to face difficult situations.
  • GOD wants me to understand that life’s situations can be difficult.
  • GOD wants me to know HE is still with me through the pains and troubles of life.


Pain, torture and death was JESUS’ destiny and HE wanted HIS disciples to be prepared to take over the message HE easily spoke. HE wants me to do the same. GOD knows that I will face the difficulties of life BUT HE wants me to face them with HIM as my guide. GOD is my protection.

  • Are you prepared to face difficulty and trouble?
  • Do you easily cave in to the troubles of life?
  • Will you ask GOD for strength to go through difficulty so you won’t turn away from HIM today?


No comments:

Post a Comment