Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Not Knowing


Luke 23: 32 Two other men, both criminals, were also led out with him to be executed. 33 When they came to the place called the Skull, they crucified him there, along with the criminals – one on his right, the other on his left. 34 Jesus said, ‘Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.’ And they divided up his clothes by casting lots.

============

“Come up here and get your hand whacked” said the new teacher to me. Yes, this was allowed. “I didn’t do anything” I exclaimed. Because we were sitting alphabetically, I was parked next to a couple of people who caused trouble. The teacher could not discern who exactly did what.

  • A few times I have been mistakenly lumped into the crowd.
  • A few times I have been mislabeled.
  • A few times I have been thrown in with those who did stuff that I did not do.


Innocent JESUS was convicted of crimes HE did not commit. HE was nailed to the cross between two criminals to be an example of what not to do. JESUS does something strange. HE prays to the FATHER and says “Forgive them, for they know not what they are doing.”

  • JESUS forgives my many sins that I blatantly and inadvertently commit.
  • JESUS knows that I do not know exactly what the penalty is for my sin.
  • JESUS wants me to understand, just a little, that HE was blameless and took my penalty for my sins.


“Not knowing is no excuse” I was told when being convicted of a speeding ticket. The same applies to sin, but on a much larger scale. Not knowing JESUS will be no excuse, especially since HE wrote HIS laws on every human heart.

GOD gave me the ability to not choose HIM and HE will help me do just that. When I want to go my merry way, GOD has enough grace to allow me to mess things up and welcome me back when I come crying to HIM for help. GOD’s grace for me is truly amazing!

  • Are you misunderstood?
  • Are you mislabeling GOD?
  • Do you get angry at HIS love because you do not know what HE is doing in your life?
  • Will you allow GOD to take care of you even when others are blaming you?


No comments:

Post a Comment