Friday, March 15, 2019

Known For



Luke 23: 26 As the soldiers led him away, they seized Simon from Cyrene, who was on his way in from the country, and put the cross on him and made him carry it behind Jesus.

============

Rounding first base I advanced to second base. But on my way I tripped and skinned my knee, tearing a hole in my pants. It was kick-baseball so I made it to the base but the pants exposed a bleeding scraped leg. After gym class it was time for our homeroom to go and take pictures. I was chosen to sit in the front row. My bloody knee was immortalized on film forever.

  • There are some things I did not want to be known for.
  • There are memories that I did not want to keep remembering.
  • There are some moments that I wish I wasn’t labeled with.


Simon from Cyrene happened to be at the wrong place at the right time, or was it wrong? He became famous for helping carry JESUS’s cross. While the guards were trying to bully the people, they did not know this simple act would forever label Simon as a helper of JESUS.

  • GOD gives me small things to do so HE can be excited forever.
  • GOD enables me to serve so HE will give me rewards in heaven.
  • GOD wants my focus on HIM so “my” legacy will point towards HIM.


“What will you be known for?” was a question posed to me. After thinking for a while I could not think of anything I cared about that I wanted people talking about after my death. BUT GOD intervened and said “How about ME?” Then it hit me.

Perhaps if I pointed my life to GOD then people would talk about HIM rather than trying to remember me. Bringing people to truly serve GOD is what I want to be known for so GOD will be excited.

  • Are you trying to be known?
  • Are you seeking fame?
  • Will you point your life to GOD and allow HIM to draw people to HIM through you?



No comments:

Post a Comment