Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Possibilities


Luke 24: When they came back from the tomb, they told all these things to the Eleven and to all the others. 10 It was Mary Magdalene, Joanna, Mary the mother of James, and the others with them who told this to the apostles. 11 But they did not believe the women, because their words seemed to them like nonsense. 12 Peter, however, got up and ran to the tomb. Bending over, he saw the strips of linen lying by themselves, and he went away, wondering to himself what had happened.

============

“I’ll never have a car” I said to myself disappointedly. I was not making enough money to buy another car and my old one was sold to me from a relative. Now the car was totaled and I had no means of getting around. “Here is one for sale that maybe you can afford” a friend said to me. I did not believe them.

  • When I got low, I lost faith.
  • When I got low, I lost hope.
  • When I got low, I lost the desire to try.


The disciples did not believe the news of JESUS being raised from the dead. All was lost to them and even some great news would not pull them up into the realm of belief. They may have argued with the women who brought the great news in an attempt to douse their fire because misery loves company. BUT GOD had other plans.

  • GOD says to me “Do not lose hope.”
  • GOD says to me “Keep seeking ME and you will find MY kingdom.”
  • GOD says to me “I AM the way the truth and the life.”


When things go wrong, it seems like GOD doesn’t care. I mean why did that loved one have to be hurt or even die? BUT GOD wants me to think differently. HE wants me to grow up and understand things happen in life but my relationship with HIM should not be based solely on good days.

GOD wants me to keep my faith in stormy days and know HE always keeps HIS promise. Unlike the others, Peter ran to the tomb to see if what the women said was possible. It was true and he now had a lot to think about. I am grateful GOD is loving me and giving me possibilities.

  • Are you feeling low?
  • Do you think all possibilities are gone?
  • Will you stop thinking GOD is small and know HE can do the impossible, just as HE said?


No comments:

Post a Comment