Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Entertained


Luke 23: When Herod saw Jesus, he was greatly pleased, because for a long time he had been wanting to see him. From what he had heard about him, he hoped to see him perform a sign of some sort. He plied him with many questions, but Jesus gave him no answer. 10 The chief priests and the teachers of the law were standing there, vehemently accusing him. 11 Then Herod and his soldiers ridiculed and mocked him. Dressing him in an elegant robe, they sent him back to Pilate. 12 That day Herod and Pilate became friends – before this they had been enemies.

============

After the event I discussed the person on stage. “They were not very good” I commented. I was seeking amusement and had criteria that needed to be met.  Later, I went to a church. “The pastor speaking was not very good”, I said to myself.

  • Sometimes I want to be entertained by people.
  • Sometimes I view people as something that satisfies me.
  • Sometimes I desire people to say the right words at my command.


Herod saw JESUS as entertainment. He heard how JESUS healed people and raised someone from the dead. Herod could not wait for JESUS to do a parlor trick. He even became friends with his enemy, Pilate, for sending him this wonderful stage act.

  • JESUS says to me “These are MY lambs, feed them.”
  • JESUS says to me “Look at MY people with compassion.”
  • JESUS says to me “I can see your heart, fill it with MY love and you will be successful.”


When I look at people as a problem, inconvenience or entertainment, I miss out on what GOD wants me to see. HE desires only one thing that all of HIS sheep come back to HIM. All of us have gone astray BUT GOD desires that all return to HIM. I am grateful for HIS love.

  • Do you seek people to entertain you?
  • Do you blame people for their behavior?
  • Will you show “that” person grace today?


No comments:

Post a Comment