Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Follow the Instructions


Luke 24: On the first day of the week, very early in the morning, the women took the spices they had prepared and went to the tomb. They found the stone rolled away from the tomb, but when they entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus. While they were wondering about this, suddenly two men in clothes that gleamed like lightning stood beside them. In their fright the women bowed down with their faces to the ground, but the men said to them, ‘Why do you look for the living among the dead? He is not here; he has risen! Remember how he told you, while he was still with you in Galilee: “The Son of Man must be delivered over to the hands of sinners, be crucified and on the third day be raised again.”’ Then they remembered his words.

============

“After you build it, then use sand paper on it, put finish on it and then use sand paper on it again” were the counter-intuitive words from my uncle, who was a master carpenter. I heeded his words, bot did not understand how all of this would work. When I finished building my custom furniture, it turned out just as he said.

  • There have been times I have been skeptical because I did not understand.
  • There have been times when the instructor has given me a message and I did not receive it wholeheartedly.
  • There have been times when I did not quite believe the message that was given to me by someone who knows the information.


The women went to the tomb and found it empty. They were shocked until two “men” or angels, told them JESUS had risen, just as HE had said. They remembered HIS words and put it all together.

  • JESUS told me “HE loves me with all HIS heart.”
  • JESUS told me “I died for you and ALL of your sins are forgiven.”
  • JESUS told me “I have taken care of every one of your needs.”


“Do not be afraid” is another message JESUS told me, but sometimes I forget HIS instructions and try to fix things on my own. When I look at the future with my sinful eyes, I can only see a fearful future. BUT GOD wants me to adjust where I am looking and focus on HIM.

GOD has made so many promises to protect me, grow me and love me, that I cannot ignore HIS wonderful plan for me. HE guides me to places I never would have thought and HE brings people to me that needs an encouraging word. JESUS did as HE said and I put my faith in HIM.

  • Are you fighting GOD?
  • Do you believe HE has take care of your problem?
  • Will you put your faith in JESUS today and allow HIM to guide you?


No comments:

Post a Comment