Friday, March 8, 2019

As Accused



Luke 22: 66 At daybreak the council of the elders of the people, both the chief priests and the teachers of the law, met together, and Jesus was led before them. 67 ‘If you are the Messiah,’ they said, ‘tell us.’

Jesus answered, ‘If I tell you, you will not believe me, 68 and if I asked you, you would not answer. 69 But from now on, the Son of Man will be seated at the right hand of the mighty God.’
70 They all asked, ‘Are you then the Son of God?’

He replied, ‘You say that I am.’

71 Then they said, ‘Why do we need any more testimony? We have heard it from his own lips.’

============

JESUS was led before the church leaders to receive a “fair” trial.  These men of GOD were accusing GOD of being GOD. “Are YOU GOD?” They accused. “You say that I AM by putting me on trial” JESUS implied.

  • JESUS wants me to know that HE is the Messiah.
  • JESUS wants me to know that HE is my savior.
  • JESUS wants me to know that HE is GOD who voluntarily became a human to be murdered for my sins and is now alive with all power.


I have no story that could relate to what JESUS was accused of. HIS actions and words were quite clear, yet sometimes I act like some of HIS words do not apply to me. JESUS came up with the rules to follow and then never broke a single rule, yet we accused HIM.

  • GOD wants me to reduce my accusations.
  • GOD wants me to add grace to my language.
  • GOD wants me to seek salvation rather than condemnation.


Instead of blaming others for what they are doing or not doing, GOD wants me to speak life into as many people as possible. HE wants me to tell people about the accused JESUS and how HE saved the one who needed to be accused, namely me.

  • Who are you accusing?
  • How often are you speaking negative words about someone?
  • Can you use some of your words to speak life into people by talking about JESUS today?


No comments:

Post a Comment