Monday, March 11, 2019

Responsible


Luke 23: Then the whole assembly rose and led him off to Pilate. And they began to accuse him, saying, ‘We have found this man subverting our nation. He opposes payment of taxes to Caesar and claims to be Messiah, a king.’

So Pilate asked Jesus, ‘Are you the king of the Jews?’
‘You have said so,’ Jesus replied.

Then Pilate announced to the chief priests and the crowd, ‘I find no basis for a charge against this man.’

But they insisted, ‘He stirs up the people all over Judea by his teaching. He started in Galilee and has come all the way here.’

On hearing this, Pilate asked if the man was a Galilean. When he learned that Jesus was under Herod’s jurisdiction, he sent him to Herod, who was also in Jerusalem at that time.

============

Slight chuckles was what I heard as the group brought this person over to me and quickly left. This person could not stop talking and I felt stuck, wanting to get away. Not listening to a word, I thought of ways to escape. I searched the room and found my target. “Excuse me. Let me introduce you to someone I think you should meet” I said with excitement.

  • There were people I passed onto others because they made me feel uncomfortable.
  • There were people I did not help because I did not want to get involved.
  • There were people I overlooked because there situation seemed too overwhelming for me.


The church leaders tried to lie to get someone else to prosecute JESUS. Pilate could not find anything wrong that JESUS did because he did not recognize or acknowledge the laws of GOD. “Are YOU king of the Jews?” was Pilates inquisition. Pilate did not want trouble so he sent JESUS to be tried in front of Herod.

  • GOD wants me to help people when it is inconvenient.
  • GOD wants me to speak with those HE delivers to me.
  • GOD wants me to step in when others would leave.


Being responsible for others takes time. I usually have tons of things to do, BUT GOD wants me to focus on those HE delivers to me at inconvenient times. HE wants me to add to my responsibilities those in need. GOD takes care of me and HE wants me to care for others.

  • Do people inconvenience you?
  • Are you too busy for people?
  • Will you step in and help the people GOD delivers to you today?


No comments:

Post a Comment