Thursday, March 28, 2019

Unrecognized


Luke 24: 13 Now that same day two of them were going to a village called Emmaus, about seven miles from Jerusalem. 14 They were talking with each other about everything that had happened. 15 As they talked and discussed these things with each other, Jesus himself came up and walked along with them; 16 but they were kept from recognising him.

17 He asked them, ‘What are you discussing together as you walk along?’

They stood still, their faces downcast. 18 One of them, named Cleopas, asked him, ‘Are you the only one visiting Jerusalem who does not know the things that have happened there in these days?’

19 ‘What things?’ he asked.

============

Calling out my name, a person emerged from the crowd with a huge smile. They asked about my family by name and then encouraged me. I smiled back but did not know who I was talking to.

  • Many times I have run into people I was supposed to know but did not recognize them.
  • Many times I have been recognized by people and I had no clue as to who they were.
  • Many times I failed to recognize someone who was supposed to be important to me.


Cleopas and another person was walking to Emmaus, speaking about JESUS. They did not recognize HIM as HE joined them in their walk. In fact, they wondered if HE was the only one who did not know what was going on as they sulked about the death of JESUS. BUT HE was alive!

  • JESUS wants me to recognize what HE is doing in my life on a daily basis.
  • JESUS wants me to recognize HIS blessings on my life.
  • JESUS wants me to recognize HIS love for me.


Recognizing JESUS can be difficult at times. I mean when I haven’t walked with HIM in a while, I forget what HE looks like and think the blessings I have come from me. BUT HE walks with me anyway. JESUS would rather have me open my eyes to HIM on a daily basis. I am grateful HE is always beside me.

  • Are you having trouble recognizing what GOD is doing in your life?
  • Do you think GOD has left you?
  • Would you stop thinking you can do things on your own and allow GOD to work in your life today?


No comments:

Post a Comment