Monday, March 4, 2019

Keep Focused



Luke 22: 39 Jesus went out as usual to the Mount of Olives, and his disciples followed him. 40 On reaching the place, he said to them, ‘Pray that you will not fall into temptation.’ 41 He withdrew about a stone’s throw beyond them, knelt down and prayed, 42 ‘Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done.’ 43 An angel from heaven appeared to him and strengthened him. 44 And being in anguish, he prayed more earnestly, and his sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground.

45 When he rose from prayer and went back to the disciples, he found them asleep, exhausted from sorrow. 46 ‘Why are you sleeping?’ he asked them. ‘Get up and pray so that you will not fall into temptation.’

============

Walking around in life, I wandered into some doors that seemed to be wide open. The temptations were amazing and once I found one, I couldn’t get my mind off of whatever new thing I wandered into.

  • Many times I have been tempted to fall into sin.
  • Many times I have wandered off the path and into temptation.
  • Many times I have lost my focus only to wind up in sin.


JESUS faces being blamed for every sin, every human could ever commit. HIS humanity reaches out to pray to the FATHER, begging HIM to think of another way, but if JESUS had to be the way, “let YOUR will be done.” JESUS then told HIS sleeping disciples to pray that they will not fall into temptation.

  • GOD wants me to practice not succumbing to sin.
  • GOD wants me to pray for daily temptation removal because I would more than likely fall into the sin HE wants me to stay away from.
  • GOD wants me to recognize that HE was tempted in every way and understands my predisposal towards sin.


Enormous grace is a gift  GOD has given me. HE sees the sins I easily fall into and lifts me out of each hole. While HE never gets tired of rescuing me, HE still desires that I not fall into the holes in the first place.

HE is excited to cleanse me of all unrighteousness, daily. HE gets more excited when I stay focused at HIS mighty power. GOD wants me to stay focused on HIM so that I will not get weary.

  • Are you so focused on your problems that you have taken your eyes off of GOD?
  • Do you feel sorry for yourself?
  • Will you stop being weary and get filled up with GOD’s grace so you can stay on HIS path HE has for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment