Monday, March 18, 2019

Being Without



Luke 23: 27 A large number of people followed him, including women who mourned and wailed for him. 28 Jesus turned and said to them, ‘Daughters of Jerusalem, do not weep for me; weep for yourselves and for your children. 29 For the time will come when you will say, “Blessed are the childless women, the wombs that never bore and the breasts that never nursed!” 30 Then

‘“they will say to the mountains, ‘Fall on us!’
    and to the hills, ‘Cover us!’”

31 For if people do these things when the tree is green, what will happen when it is dry?’

============


Recently another one of my “fathers” passed away. This reminded me of my aunts, uncles, cousins and friends who proceeded him. Each of them left a spouse or children or other relatives who remain on this planet. As I attended the funeral, a tear caressed my cheek, not for the person who died, but for those who remain alive, now without.

  • Many people I have known have passed away.
  • Many people I enjoyed are now gone.
  • Many people I walked with, laughed with and cried with are now transitioned.


JESUS redirects the tears of the women who were crying for HIM. They felt sorry for JESUS but HE told them to feel sorry for themselves. HE knew where HE was going and how difficult life would be without HIM.

  • JESUS wants me to know that no matter how difficult life may be, HE is still there.
  • JESUS wants me to know HIS love for me runs deeper than any loved one who has passed away.
  • JESUS wants me to know that while HE is away, the HOLY SPIRIT will dwell inside of me, providing comfort in times of bereavement.


Finality of death is difficult to swallow. BUT GOD says to me, “Do not fear death for I will provide you with eternal life.” How can I have eternal life? Through belief in the ONE who holds life and death in HIS hands, namely JESUS.

HE wrote my name in the Lamb’s Book of Life when HE caused me to believe in HIS wonderful gift. HE scrubbed my sins away and made me whole. Yes, I may miss those who pass away, BUT GOD has given me purpose to usher those who fall away from HIM back to HIS loving arms.

  • Has someone you loved died?
  • Do you miss those who have passed away?
  • Will you accept GOD’s purpose for you to bring people eternal life through JESUS so you will one day see them again?



In memory of Sherman Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment