Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Save Me



Luke 23: 35 The people stood watching, and the rulers even sneered at him. They said, ‘He saved others; let him save himself if he is God’s Messiah, the Chosen One.’

36 The soldiers also came up and mocked him. They offered him wine vinegar 37 and said, ‘If you are the king of the Jews, save yourself.’

38 There was a written notice above him, which read: this is the king of the jews.

39 One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at him: ‘Aren’t you the Messiah? Save yourself and us!’

40 But the other criminal rebuked him. ‘Don’t you fear God,’ he said, ‘since you are under the same sentence? 41 We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong.’

42 Then he said, ‘Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.’

43 Jesus answered him, ‘Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.’

============

One of the exercises was to hold hands and walk in a large circle in the swimming pool. This created a mild vortex and my hands could not hold onto my neighbors. As I tried to use some of the techniques the swim teacher showed me, I found myself being pulled into the deep. Moments later I felt an arm around my waist pulling me to safety.

  • Many times I needed to be saved.
  • Many times I have been helpless.
  • Many times I have been in so much trouble that I felt like I was drowning.


The church leaders thought they had gotten rid of JESUS. They sneered at HIM and said “If YOU are who YOU say YOU are then save YOURSELF.” The guards mocked HIS title of being the King of the Jews. But one criminal said “Save me when YOU get home.”

  • JESUS says to me “I will remember you and those who believe in ME.”
  • JESUS says to me “Do not take MY name in vain or mock ME.”
  • JESUS says to me “I AM the only way to the kingdom of heaven.”


Acknowledging the fact that I need GOD is the primary condition of my sickness. Just like being in an ocean without knowing how to swim, sin tosses me around and drowns me. BUT GOD did something amazing. Without me asking for help HE saved me.

GOD pours out HIS amazing grace on me daily. How can I hold onto bitterness if GOD gives me grace? GOD deserves praise not “If” statements. HE is the Most High, all powerful, all seeing and all knowing. JESUS is my savior with whom I am grateful.

  • Do you need a Savior?
  • Do you think your plans will save yourself?
  • Will you allow GOD to penetrate your heart so HE can work in your life today?


No comments:

Post a Comment