Thursday, March 21, 2019

It is finished


Luke 23: 44 It was now about noon, and darkness came over the whole land until three in the afternoon, 45 for the sun stopped shining. And the curtain of the temple was torn in two. 46 Jesus called out with a loud voice, ‘Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.’ When he had said this, he breathed his last.

47 The centurion, seeing what had happened, praised God and said, ‘Surely this was a righteous man.’ 48 When all the people who had gathered to witness this sight saw what took place, they beat their breasts and went away. 49 But all those who knew him, including the women who had followed him from Galilee, stood at a distance, watching these things.

============

Finally, the worst had been realized. I was now unemployed. It felt weird at first. I mean I had been working since I was fifteen and then I found myself not knowing what to do. After wandering for a while I asked “What do YOU want me to do?”

  • There were times when I felt lost.
  • There were times when I thought “my life was ruined.”
  • There were times when I had to face the fear that I built up in my mind and go through the pain.


JESUS said “FATHER, into YOUR hands I commit MY SPIRIT” and then HIS earthly body died. It seemed hopeless for those who followed HIM. But something amazing started to happen. One of the mocking guards praised GOD and said “This was a righteous man.”

  • GOD wants me to go through the trial so others may know HE is GOD.
  • GOD wants me to understand that my life is for HIS purpose.
  • GOD wants me to understand that anything I go through has already been handled by HIM.


“It is finished” were words spoken by JESUS meaning there is nothing more that I can do to achieve salvation. HE took care of everything and made me whole. Even though I may go through uncomfortable situations, GOD tells me HE has already seen the outcome and the purpose will be made good. JESUS took care of it all for me.

  • Are you facing something large and frightening?
  • Have you prepared yourself for the worst?
  • Will you allow GOD to take total control of your situation and “commit” your situation to GOD’s outcome?

No comments:

Post a Comment