Thursday, March 14, 2019

Giving In



Luke 23: 20 Wanting to release Jesus, Pilate appealed to them again. 21 But they kept shouting, ‘Crucify him! Crucify him!’

22 For the third time he spoke to them: ‘Why? What crime has this man committed? I have found in him no grounds for the death penalty. Therefore I will have him punished and then release him.’

23 But with loud shouts they insistently demanded that he be crucified, and their shouts prevailed. 24 So Pilate decided to grant their demand. 25 He released the man who had been thrown into prison for insurrection and murder, the one they asked for, and surrendered Jesus to their will.


============

Tired of being alone in the small town, I decided to hang out with coworkers. When we traveled, we ate together and I gave in to drink with them. “C’mon, have a little more” they said. After twenty two pitchers of beer between the three of us, I had to drive back to the hotel. Somehow I made it there but upon arrival the front desk person said “You have a message…The system is down you are being requested to come in.”

  • In the past I gave in to what the crowd wanted.
  • In the past I gave in to fit in.
  • In the past I gave in to something I was against.


Pilate tried to wash his hands of sentencing JESUS to death, but the church leaders had stirred up the crowd so much that he had to acquiesce. He gave in to the crowds wishes and sentenced an innocent man to death and released a murderous rebel.

  • GOD wants me to stop comparing my sins in terms of size.
  • GOD wants me to do what is right when the time comes to make a decision.
  • GOD wants me to stand up for what is right rather than giving in to the crowd.


Standing firm on GOD’s word is sometimes difficult. I mean if the crowd says one thing and I am the only one standing firm on following GOD, then it can feel uncomfortable. BUT GOD protects me and gives me the right words and actions to follow HIS ways. I am grateful for HIS guidance.

  • Are you facing a difficult decision?
  • Would the decision make you unpopular if you follow GOD’s ways?
  • Will you decide to follow what GOD is telling you to do anyway, no matter the human consequence?



No comments:

Post a Comment