Friday, March 29, 2019

But we had hoped



Luke 24: 19 ‘What things?’ he asked.

‘About Jesus of Nazareth,’ they replied. ‘He was a prophet, powerful in word and deed before God and all the people. 20 The chief priests and our rulers handed him over to be sentenced to death, and they crucified him; 21 but we had hoped that he was the one who was going to redeem Israel. And what is more, it is the third day since all this took place. 22 In addition, some of our women amazed us. They went to the tomb early this morning 23 but didn’t find his body. They came and told us that they had seen a vision of angels, who said he was alive. 24 Then some of our companions went to the tomb and found it just as the women had said, but they did not see Jesus.’

============

Longing for better working conditions, I welcomed the new boss. Anything would be better than the last regime, I thought to myself. Unfortunately the announcement was modified and the new person was not going to take over our area. I felt lost again.

  • There have been times when I hoped for something and it did not happen as I thought.
  • There have been times when I wished something would happen but it did not happen the way I wanted.
  • There have been times when I longed for something better to happen, but I got more of the same.


JESUS asked “What was going on?” to the men HE walked with. They explained that their hopes had been crushed because their Messiah had been sentenced to death by the ones who preached that the Messiah would come someday. They also explained that something strange was going on and the body of JESUS was missing and they heard JESUS was alive!

  • GOD wants me to know that HIS plans are far better than what I could ever think of.
  • GOD wants me to have patience with the current situation because it may not be as it appears.
  • GOD wants me to see that in spite of the current circumstances, HE has the situation under control.


Back to the story of the change in plans to get a new boss. I was saddened that things would not change and they asked me what I would do differently. I explained and they asked me to step into a higher role, leading an area I was not familiar with. I was amazed just as the people were who heard the news that JESUS was alive.

GOD does not always reveal to me what is going on during the dark times, but HE does give me hope that HE is in control of every situation. I am grateful of HIS plan for me.

  • Do you feel lost, anxious or scared?
  • Has something extreme happened to you?
  • Will you take a moment to understand that GOD is in control of your situation and HE loves you dearly in spite of what you can see?


No comments:

Post a Comment