Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Miracle of the Ear


Luke 22: 47 While he was still speaking a crowd came up, and the man who was called Judas, one of the Twelve, was leading them. He approached Jesus to kiss him, 48 but Jesus asked him, ‘Judas, are you betraying the Son of Man with a kiss?’

49 When Jesus’ followers saw what was going to happen, they said, ‘Lord, should we strike with our swords?’ 50 And one of them struck the servant of the high priest, cutting off his right ear.

51 But Jesus answered, ‘No more of this!’ And he touched the man’s ear and healed him.

52 Then Jesus said to the chief priests, the officers of the temple guard, and the elders, who had come for him, ‘Am I leading a rebellion, that you have come with swords and clubs? 53 Every day I was with you in the temple courts, and you did not lay a hand on me. But this is your hour – when darkness reigns.’

============

“This is my chance to get back at the person” I said to myself. I worked hard, yet this person gave me a “so-so” evaluation and said I needed to improve. Now the shoe was on the other foot. This person was trying to interview at the company I moved to and my boss asked me if this person was worthy of an interview. “No” I said in a satisfying way.

  • There were times when I wanted to fight those who pushed me around.
  • There were times when I couldn’t wait to get back at those who did me “wrong.”
  • There were times when I temporarily felt great when I saw someone’s demise.


JESUS shows extreme compassion towards a servant of those who came to arrest HIM. When one of HIS disciples cut off the servant’s ear, JESUS immediately performs yet another miracle by reattaching the ear. JESUS never said “It serves you right” to the servant, nor does HE say “Let this be a lesson to those who try to mess with ME.” HE stopped the fight.

  • JESUS wants me to allow HIM to have vengeance on my enemies.
  • JESUS wants me to allow HIM to show compassion to those I “think” have wronged me.
  • JESUS wants me to understand HIS compassion includes people I do not like.


Perhaps GOD is showing me more compassion than I think. HE heals me when I am hurt and lifts me up when I am down. HE shows me grace when I deserve punishment. Why am I spiteful at “that” person when JESUS wants to show them, and me, compassion? GOD’s grace is sufficient.

  • Are you mad at someone?
  • Do you think that person has done you wrong and you want to get back at them?
  • Will you allow GOD to show them compassion so HE will pour out HIS compassion on you more abundantly?


No comments:

Post a Comment