Thursday, March 7, 2019

Tempting Words


Luke 22: 63 The men who were guarding Jesus began mocking and beating him. 64 They blindfolded him and demanded, ‘Prophesy! Who hit you?’ 65 And they said many other insulting things to him.

============

“If YOU are GOD, then…” were the unfortunate words I have said or thought many times. I mean “IF” YOU can do what YOU say YOU can do then do exactly what I’m thinking.

  • Many times I have lacked faith in GOD.
  • Many times I wanted GOD to do what “I” say.
  • Many times I questioned GOD’s timing, motives and power.


The men who guarded JESUS mocked HIS position as GOD. They blindfolded HIM saying “Prophesy! Who hit YOU?” In so many words they were saying “If YOU are GOD then do what I say or what I am thinking.”

  • GOD says to me “I AM the LORD your GOD, do not put ME to the test.”
  • GOD says to me “Believe in ME as a child and you will be saved.”
  • GOD says to me “I know your thoughts and they are not MY thoughts.”


JESUS chose to be beaten even though HE could have easily wiped out those who sought to harm HIM. So why don’t I question that? I mean that doesn’t make sense either. GOD’s plan is full of grace mercy and love, which doesn’t make sense to a sinner like me.

GOD is very much GOD, no “if” statement needed. In my blind state, I cannot actually see what GOD is doing. All I know is I need to put my trust in HIM. I am blindfolded like JESUS was and I trust HIS plan.

  • Do you think GOD should be doing something different in you life?
  • Do you believe GOD has only punishment in mind for you?
  • Can you ask GOD to reveal HIS loving plan for you in the middle of your difficult situation?

No comments:

Post a Comment