Monday, March 25, 2019

Not Futile



Luke 23: 50 Now there was a man named Joseph, a member of the Council, a good and upright man, 51 who had not consented to their decision and action. He came from the Judean town of Arimathea, and he himself was waiting for the kingdom of God. 52 Going to Pilate, he asked for Jesus’ body. 53 Then he took it down, wrapped it in linen cloth and placed it in a tomb cut in the rock, one in which no one had yet been laid. 54 It was Preparation Day, and the Sabbath was about to begin.

55 The women who had come with Jesus from Galilee followed Joseph and saw the tomb and how his body was laid in it. 56 Then they went home and prepared spices and perfumes. But they rested on the Sabbath in obedience to the commandment.

============

Watching the last leaf fall off, I wondered if I needed to throw the plant away. I mean it seemed to be struggling and then it was gone. Somehow I felt I needed to keep the plant, so I replanted it. Weeks later, new leaves were growing.

  • There are times when I think my efforts are futile.
  • There are times when I try hard and don’t seem to get anywhere.
  • There are times when it does not seem to be an end to obstacles.


A church leader names Joseph did not agree with the other church leaders when it came to killing JESUS. He sought the Kingdom of GOD and was deeply moved when JESUS was murdered. He had to do something, however little. He gave JESUS a burial not knowing what would happen.

  • GOD says to me “Your efforts are not futile when you do them in MY name.”
  • GOD says to me “MY word does not return void.”
  • GOD says to me “Keep your faith for perseverance will make it whole.”


Persistence is what GOD likes. HE wants me to continue believing in HIS power especially when it seems like everything is falling apart. Even death could not stop JESUS, so the problems I face should not stop me from telling people about HIM. GOD wants me to keep going and know my efforts are not futile.

  • Do you feel exhausted?
  • Have you experienced a loss and are tired?
  • Can you allow GOD to lift you up so you can continue to speak for HIM, knowing your efforts are blessed?


No comments:

Post a Comment