Monday, April 1, 2019

Missing the Plot


Luke 24: 25 He said to them, ‘How foolish you are, and how slow to believe all that the prophets have spoken! 26 Did not the Messiah have to suffer these things and then enter his glory?’ 27 And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself.

============

Entering the movie five minutes late, I raced to grab a seat. I sat there confused because I missed some very important words at the very beginning of the movie. I was lost for the duration of the show because I could not understand the plot of the movie.

  • There have been times when I wondered what was happening.
  • There have been times when I sat and thought “am I missing something?”
  • There have been times when it seemed like life went on without me because I missed the plot.


JESUS explains what the scripture said about HIM to the two men HE traveled with after HIS resurrection. HE had said, very clearly, that HE would rise from the dead and HE did just that. “How foolish you are and how slow to believe” is what JESUS exclaimed because the lessons HE preached were not accepted.

  • JESUS wants me to believe that HE loves me.
  • JESUS wants me to know that my salvation came from HIM and HIM alone.
  • JESUS wants me to accept my weakness and grab onto HIS strength.


All of the scriptures are about JEUS. I have tried to make them about me or “that” person, but this is wrong to do. Every word in the bible is about the love of CHRIST for me and every being HE created. HE is the main plot of the greatest true story ever told. JESUS is my refuge.

  • Do you feel like you are missing the point of life?
  • Do you wonder why you have to go through calamity?
  • Will you focus more of your attention on GOD so HE can show you how you fit in HIS plans instead of trying to put GOD under your plans?


No comments:

Post a Comment