Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Heartburn


Luke 24: 28 As they approached the village to which they were going, Jesus continued on as if he were going further. 29 But they urged him strongly, ‘Stay with us, for it is nearly evening; the day is almost over.’ So he went in to stay with them.

30 When he was at the table with them, he took bread, gave thanks, broke it and began to give it to them. 31 Then their eyes were opened and they recognised him, and he disappeared from their sight. 32 They asked each other, ‘Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?’

33 They got up and returned at once to Jerusalem. There they found the Eleven and those with them, assembled together 34 and saying, ‘It is true! The Lord has risen and has appeared to Simon.’ 35 Then the two told what had happened on the way, and how Jesus was recognised by them when he broke the bread.

============

After hearing the speaker, I was moved to go on a missions trip. Everything inside of me said “Go.” I had never felt that way. It was all I could think about. My fear of being in another country reared its ugly head, but somehow it was superseded by a burning desire to spread the Great News of JESUS CHRIST.

  • When GOD speaks to me, I can feel it inside.
  • When GOD speaks to me, I can only think about HIM.
  • When GOD speaks to me, I can see situations more clearly.


JESUS spoke to the two men with authority. Their hears burned from hearing the passionate words directly from CHRIST. HE disappeared when they recognized HIM, BUT HE had already lit an unquenchable fire in their souls. They went to tell the other disciples.

  • GOD wants me to have fire for HIM.
  • GOD wants me to preach HIS word no matter how difficult the situation may be.
  • GOD wants me to not get weary, but to seek HIS kingdom and ask for a tiny bit of HIS grace.


“MY grace is sufficient for you, for MY power is made perfect in weakness” are the words GOD uttered to me this morning. These words burn inside of me as I get removed from using my power to “fix” situations. GOD’s word burns and the flames incinerate any kind of problem I could ever face. I place my total trust in GOD.

  • Is GOD burning your heart?
  • Do you feel led by GOD and HIS words are all you can think about?
  • Will you allow HIS passion to lead you to a place of grace and power today?


No comments:

Post a Comment