Thursday, April 18, 2019

The Big Reveal


John 1: 14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

15 (John testified concerning him. He cried out, saying, ‘This is the one I spoke about when I said, “He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.”’) 16 Out of his fullness we have all received grace in place of grace already given. 17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 18 No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in the closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.

============

“Do you know who you were talking to?” someone inquired. “No, who?” I replied. “That’s the famous bowler who is sponsoring this event.” I knew the name from TV and I wanted to meet the pro bowler. It was exciting. I went beck over and said his name. He smiled and shook my hand again. He did not reveal who he was. I should have known.

  • I have met many famous people without really knowing who they were.
  • I have had my eyes opened to several famous people by someone who recognized them.
  • I have sat in the room with famous people and did not recognize them until someone revealed who they were.


John revealed who The WORD was, namely JESUS. John then tells us that JESUS was with GOD and is GOD. He then explains that GOD showed us grace by giving us the law through Moses and HE gave us more grace by giving us HIS SON who died for us.

  • GOD says to me “I AM full of grace and truth.”
  • GOD says to me “I AM the one who has the power to rescue you from MY wrath.”
  • GOD says to me “I AM the one who voluntarily gave up MY life to save you.”


“Grace and truth” are wonderful gifts JESUS enjoys giving me. HE guides and provides and shows me how much HE loves me every day. HE is “The WORD” and through HIS actions I am saved. I am grateful JESUS revealed HIMSELF to me.

  • Are you searching for famous people?
  • Do you want to be famous?
  • Will you seek JESUS in the same way as searching for people you want to be around today?

No comments:

Post a Comment