Friday, April 19, 2019

All Taken Care Of


John 1: 19 Now this was John’s testimony when the Jewish leaders[c] in Jerusalem sent priests and Levites to ask him who he was. 20 He did not fail to confess, but confessed freely, ‘I am not the Messiah.’

21 They asked him, ‘Then who are you? Are you Elijah?’

He said, ‘I am not.’

‘Are you the Prophet?’

He answered, ‘No.’

22 Finally they said, ‘Who are you? Give us an answer to take back to those who sent us. What do you say about yourself?’

23 John replied in the words of Isaiah the prophet, ‘I am the voice of one calling in the wilderness, “Make straight the way for the Lord.”’


============


“How much do I have to pay?” was my worrisome question. “Nothing” was the reply. “This trip to the islands is an all expense gift that is given to you and your family.” “You mean I don’t have to do anything?” I asked again.

  • There were times when I felt some things were too good to be true.
  • There were times when I thought I had to do something even when I didn’t have to.
  • There were times when I felt I had to be someone I did not have to be in order to get something special.


John made it clear that he was not the Messiah. He was simply the one who would tell everyone about the great news of JESUS’s arrival. A very simple message was given to people by John that JESUS came to save the world. John didn’t even have to go and get the people. They came to him.

  • GOD says to me “I freely give you the gift of salvation.”
  • GOD says to me “I will knock on your heart. If you open the door I will come in and sup with you.”
  • GOD says to me “I AM the one who pursues you. Open your heart and I will live with you forever.”



JESUS is the messiah and HE did it all. Sometimes I feel pressure to do more so I can ne “closer” to CHRIST. How much closer can GOD get to me than inside of me? JESUS sent HIS HOLY SPIRIT to dwell in me when I confessed I needed HIM as my savior.

HE gave me an unbelievable gift that seems too good to be true… BUT it is! JESUS wants me to be with HIM and HE took care of everything. All expenses of sin are paid. I can enjoy eternal life because of HIM.

  • Do you think you have to do more in order to please GOD?
  • Do you feel you are “far” away from GOD because you are not getting your way fast enough?
  • Will you allow GOD to work in your life and take care of all your needs today?


No comments:

Post a Comment