Monday, October 17, 2022

Directed Actions

Directed Actions

1 Thessalonians 1: We always thank God for you all and always mention you in our prayers. For we remember before our God and Father how you put your faith into practice, how your love made you work so hard, and how your hope in our Lord Jesus Christ is firm.

 

============

 

Fearing I would not get “respect” I lied about my age. I was in my low to mid-twenties and was tired of people not listening to anything I had to say in meetings. On another occasion, I was embarrassed that I could not go out on the town like “everyone” else, so I snuck out the house. Another time, I was angry at the slow driver ahead of me, so I darted into the next lane to pass, hit a pothole and bent my rim.

 

  • Fear made me inconsistent.
  • Shame made me unstable.
  • Impatience made me react too quickly.

 

Paul, Silas and Timothy were excited about the people they wrote to. They were thankful to see examples of faith, love for all and hope in JESUS. These qualities, directed their actions to be consistent in front of everyone.

 

My Observations

  • Faith is a quality GOD wants me to use to be consistent, even when I cannot see the finish line.
  • Love is GOD, so HE wants me to act like HIM because HE made me in HIS image.
  • Hope in JESUS should guide all my decisions, so I can have a firm foundation.

 

Actions driven out of fear, shame and impatience never seem to work out well. I mean, when I am fearful, I tend to make hasty decisions. Shame makes my actions hidden and impatience makes my actions not thought through well. In all cases listed, I find myself in trouble.

 

BUT GOD has a remedy. HE provides faith, shows me love and gives me hope when things look hopeless. HE gives me a new life to live, one with purpose. HE decided to live inside me so HE can guide me to actions that are pleasing to HIM. I am glad the HOLY SPIRIT can direct my steps.

 

Challenge

  • Why are the writers thankful?
  • Are there areas of your life that are not on a firm foundation, causing fear, shame and impatience?
  • Will you place your faith, love and hope in CHRIST and decide whom you will serve, “you” or HIM, today?

No comments:

Post a Comment