Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Make It Clear

Make It Clear

Colossians 4: Be persistent in prayer, and keep alert as you pray, giving thanks to God. At the same time pray also for us, so that God will give us a good opportunity to preach his message about the secret of Christ. For that is why I am now in prison. Pray, then, that I may speak, as I should, in such a way as to make it clear.

 

============

 

“Why aren’t you hanging with us anymore?” was a question posed to me. We used to go out every weekend from one club to the next. But when my life changed, I sought something in life that seemed a bit more. I could not answer the question clearly.

 

  • I had a sense of purpose but could not explain it well.
  • I had to learn about JESUS and how to explain what I believed.
  • I had done things one way for so long that I could not tell people why my life had changed.

 

Paul asks for prayer because his life had changed. He was a Pharisee of Pharisees, meaning he was a leader of leaders. He may have been wealthy being in this position and was very powerful. BUT JESUS met him and changed his life. He had to learn how to tell people about his encounter with the one true and living GOD.

 

My Observations

  • It’s hard to explain why I believe in JESUS, but I do.
  • Prayer is powerful and GOD will guide me to the right words.
  • I need many people to pray for me to make “it” clear.

 

“It” is JESUS. I mean, making “it” clear is making JESUS clear to those who need hope and eternal life. To me, this is everyone. Unfortunately, the enemy, Satan, wants people to live blinded lives that do not ever seek HIM.

 

GOD wants HIS people to have peaceful lives full of love and abundant joy. HE also wants HIS SON known to all of mankind. HE uses imperfect people like me to say “I believe”, so others will do the same. I am glad I can have many people pray for me to make “it” clear.

 

Challenge

  • What is the writer’s request?
  • What is your purpose in life?
  • Will you seek opportunities to speak “as you should” about JESUS to someone who needs hope and eternal life today?

No comments:

Post a Comment