Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Let It Out

Let It Out

Colossians 4: 15 Give our best wishes to the believers in Laodicea and to Nympha and the church that meets in her house. 16 After you read this letter, make sure that it is read also in the church at Laodicea. At the same time, you are to read the letter that the believers in Laodicea will send you. 17 And tell Archippus, “Be sure to finish the task you were given in the Lord's service.”
 
May God's grace be with you.
18 With my own hand I write this: Greetings from Paul Do not forget my chains!
 
============
 
Stepping around the party, I was having “fun.” I shouted at the top of my lungs boastful chants along with the members of the group I joined. I proudly wore my group affiliation letters on my chest and mentioned the group when I could. One day, someone asked me to go to church. I did not want people to know I followed JESUS, because I was having too much “fun.”

 

  • I wanted to do what I wanted to do and rely on JESUS for whatever HE was supposed to do.
  • I was embarrassed about the things I said and did, so I chose to not mention JESUS.
  • It was easy to shout what other people expected versus what people needed to hear.

 

In chains and physically wounded, Paul pens this letter. He was not ashamed of his affiliation with JESUS. In fact, he was imprisoned because of his beliefs. Only the king was supposed to be spoken about in the manner Paul spoke of the “King of kings.” He wanted everyone to know exactly what was on his mind so he wrote his message down.

 

My Observations

  • GOD’s message should be mentioned as often as possible from me.
  • I should not be ashamed of mentioning JESUS in any circle of people.
  • GOD wants to be the priority in my life.

 

JESUS gave it all to me. I mean HE took embarrassing insults, temptation and beatings for me. HE then decided to be murdered for me so I could live. HE was raised from the dead with all power. This is great news! Unfortunately there are times when I do not want to mention HIM.

 

Either groups I join or jobs I work at, deter me from wanting to speak about JESUS. Don’t get me wrong, groups and jobs are not the problem, rather my choice to not mention JESUS is the root of the issue. GOD wants me and everyone who believes in JESUS to mention HIM often and remember HIM daily. I gladly say JESUS is LORD!

 

Challenge

  • What instructions does the writer give and why?
  • Have you ever had some good news or bad news and told many people about it?
  • Have you ever been embarrassed to mention JESUS or that you follow HIM?
  • Will you mention JESUS out loud or written to someone today?

No comments:

Post a Comment