Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Entrusted

Entrusted

1 Thessalonians 2: Our appeal to you is not based on error or impure motives, nor do we try to trick anyone. Instead, we always speak as God wants us to, because he has judged us worthy to be entrusted with the Good News. We do not try to please people, but to please God, who tests our motives.

 

============

 

When the phone rang, I answered and held a great conversation with my grandmother. “Tell your parents I called and to call me back” were the words given to me. As the day went on, I went outside to play, then eat, then go to bed. I never told anyone about the call.

 

  • I had forgotten to pass on the message.
  • I was not prepared to remember something important.
  • I did not withhold information maliciously, I simply forgot.

 

Paul, Silas and Timothy start out by saying their motives were pure when it came to the message of GOD. Other speakers may have tried to lead the people astray, but Paul, Silas and Timothy held themselves to a higher standard. They knew they would be judged by GOD for misrepresentation but even more, they were excited about being “entrusted” with HIS message.

 

My Observations

  • JESUS forgave me of all my sins for HIS because HE loves me and has a purpose for my life.
  • GOD wiped away all my sins so I could speak on HIS behalf, even though HE does not need me to do so.
  • GOD entrusted me with HIS valuable Good News and wants me to keep it pure, even if people are not pleased with the fact that HE will also judge everyone.

 

Pleasing people can get me in trouble. I mean, when My motives are to gain more power or to manipulate people to get my way, I may try to please him or her temporarily until I get what “I” want. BUT GOD sees through my motives and wants me to act differently.

 

Instead HE approaches my life in an unusual way. HE knows I am a sinner yet HE gives me the most important message that all humans need to hear, believe in and shout namely, JESUS is LORD!. I am glad GOD sees my motives and entrusts me anyway.

 

Challenge

  • Why did the writers make an appeal?
  • What does it mean to be judged worthy by GOD?
  • Will you accept JESUS as your Savior so HE can cleanse you of all unrighteousness and entrust you with HIS Good News today?

No comments:

Post a Comment