Friday, October 21, 2022

Traveling Example

Traveling Example

1 Thessalonians 1: You imitated us and the Lord; and even though you suffered much, you received the message with the joy that comes from the Holy Spirit. So you became an example to all believers in Macedonia and Achaia. For not only did the message about the Lord go out from you throughout Macedonia and Achaia, but the news about your faith in God has gone everywhere. There is nothing, then, that we need to say.

 

============

 

Ridiculing people had become my niche. After years of being the recipient of degrading nicknames, I decided to become the master of creating them. I quickly came up with a name for a guy and everyone laughed. Soon the name spread all over campus and back to my home town.

 

  • I didn’t mean to humiliate him on that level.
  • I didn’t know the nickname would affect him.
  • I didn’t know people were listening to me on that scale.

 

Paul, Silas and Timothy were examples to many people. After a while the people started imitating them and suffered for their beliefs. Through joy, they expressed their faith in JESUS, no matter what was happening to them. Their faith became known “everywhere.”

 

My Observations

  • My words should be an example that points people to GOD.
  • My actions stem from things in my heart, so GOD chooses to live there and guide them.
  • My thoughts can be controlled through use of joy when difficulties arise.

 

Serving GOD can sometimes be difficult. I mean when I can say, “everyone else is having fun”, or “everyone else is rich” or “everyone else is doing it” I could easily open myself up to fall into sin, shame and regret. I then isolate myself so no one can see me. BUT GOD wants me to be seen.

 

HE made me for HIS purpose and wants others to follow HIM. Whether I like it or not, people see me and I am providing an example with every word, action and thought. Fortunately for ma, GOD does not place pressure on me to live perfect, rather HE wants me to point to perfection, namely JESUS. I am grateful I do not have to be perfect, but provide an example which is the SON of GOD.

 

Challenge

  • What examples do you imagine the writers provided?
  • Have you ever thought that you are being an example to people through your words, actions and thoughts?
  • Will you allow GOD to live in your heart so your example can be guided with “joy” by the HOLY SPIRIT today even if you are going through a rough time?

No comments:

Post a Comment