Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Complete Conviction

Complete Conviction

1 Thessalonians 1: Our friends, we know that God loves you and has chosen you to be his own. For we brought the Good News to you, not with words only, but also with power and the Holy Spirit, and with complete conviction of its truth. You know how we lived when we were with you; it was for your own good. 

 

============

 

“You could be jailed for proselytizing” was the stern warning given to us when entering a certain country. These words were a bit unnerving. About a week into the trip, someone from that country asked me about CHRIST, Do I pass up this opportunity?

 

  • I could not pass up the opportunity.
  • I had a lot at stake on earth, but more at stake in heaven.
  • I had a strange sense of peace that no matter what happened, I was serving GOD.

 

Paul, Silas and Timothy at one time, brought the Good News to the people and they accepted CHRIST as their Savior. They brought the message with words, power and the HOLY SPIRIT. But they did not stop there. They brought the Good News with “complete conviction of its truth.”

 

My Observations

  • The Good News that JESUS died for my sins and was raised from the dead, just for me is important to tell to others.
  • GOD wants me convinced that telling people about JESUS is the right thing to do.
  • Each encounter of telling people about the Good News does not have to be confrontational, rather full of HIS power which is centered in love.

 

Love conquers all. I mean when I am convinced that CHRIST is the only answer, I act different. I do not worry about what humans think, say or do. GOD’s message is paramount and should not be stifled. Unfortunately, when I exchanged HIS powerful words for titles humans gave me, I found myself not able to reach people with HIS message, nor did I want to.

 

BUT GOD forgave me and gave me a second and third and fourth chance. HE did not beat me up for withholding HIS Good News, rather HE kept giving me opportunities to mention my beliefs. After a while I took the opportunity. I am glad GOD has given all of us the responsibility of spreading the Good News.

 

Challenge

  • What do you think the writers were doing to be examples?
  • Have you ever been completely convinced of something, so much so that you tell others about it?
  • Will you have that same conviction, if not more, for telling people about JESUS and the Good News of HIS resurrection today?

No comments:

Post a Comment