Friday, October 21, 2022

Preparation

Preparation

1 Thessalonians 1: All those people speak about how you received us when we visited you, and how you turned away from idols to God, to serve the true and living God 10 and to wait for his Son to come from heaven—his Son Jesus, whom he raised from death and who rescues us from God's anger that is coming.

 

============

 

Seeing the leaves change color, I could tell the season was fall. I could feel a crispness in the air that let me know winter was on its way. In the region where I live, winter meant snow and very cold temperatures I had to get prepared for.

 

  • I had to be prepared for snow, ice and cold.
  • I had to change my mindset from wearing shorts to wearing something that would protect me from the elements.
  • I had to accept the change and get prepared because I knew it was coming.

 

Paul, Silas and Timothy were excited about how the Thessalonians stopped worshipping idols to become dedicated followers of JESUS. They had stopped placing their hope in material things that were lifeless. When they heard the Good News, they “received” it and dedicated their lives to CHRIST.

 

My Observations

  • GOD knows what is in my heart and is please when I choose HIM.
  • People, food, clothes, jobs, addictions and other things can become idols that take my mind off of GOD.
  • GOD wants to prepare me for JESUS’ return.

 

Wrath of GOD is a difficult but necessary topic. I mean, I try to make HIM a pushover, only forgiving my sins and giving me what I want. When I place GOD in the “Just give me my wish” bucket, I can get disappointed with HIS performance.

 

GOD is sovereign and sinless. HIS wrath can be poured out when I think and act like Satan who chose to try to “be GOD.” Satan was thrown from heaven and his fate was sealed. Sinless resurrected JESUS opened his fate and poured out HIS wrath on him and those who act like him. Confusing? It will happen. That’s what GOD is preparing us for. I am glad JESUS saved us from “GOD’s anger that is coming.”

 

Challenge

  • What do you think the people of Thessalonica were searching for?
  • Have you ever elevated a person or job or thing above your relationship with CHRIST?
  • Will you allow GOD to prepare you for HIS purpose so HE can protect you from any wrath HE may have?

No comments:

Post a Comment