Thursday, October 13, 2022

Belonging

Belonging

1 Thessalonians 1:1 From Paul, Silas, and Timothy—

To the people of the church in Thessalonica, who belong to God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ:

 

May grace and peace be yours.

 

============

 

Many schools, churches and other organizations have given me a tee shirt to proudly wear. Each shirt would have the name of the organization and sometimes its colors. People have walked up to me and asked me questions about the shirt I was wearing at the time.

 

  • I felt obligated to represent the organization well.
  • I felt I was part of something bigger.
  • I felt a sense of belonging to a group.

 

Paul, Silas and Timothy sent their greetings to everyone who “belongs” to GOD the FATHER and the LORD JESUS CHRIST. They had no shirt to pass out so they gave a wonderful gift, grace and peace.

 

My Observations

  • When calamity hits, GOD steps in and says to me “You belong to ME.”
  • When wonderful things happen, GOD says to me “Because I love you.”
  • When I need direction or feel lost, GOD says to me “Do not worry or doubt because you are MINE.”

 

Belonging to GOD is amazing! I mean, HE has all the power, knows everything and is everywhere. No person or power or situation can stop GOD’s love for me.

 

Though I may take my eyes off of GOD, HE holds me tight. In fact, HE has written my name in HIS hand and no one can snatch me out. I belong to GOD. I gratefully give my life to HIM and try to act like I belong to HIM by telling people of the grace of JESUS.

 

Challenge

  • Why do you think the writer added the word “belong?”
  • Have you ever been part of an organization and wanted other people to know about it or even join?
  • Do you belong to JESUS?
  • Will you praise GOD for the grace and peace HE provides because you belong to HIM?

No comments:

Post a Comment