Friday, October 7, 2022

All the News

All the News

Colossians 4: Our dear friend Tychicus, who is a faithful worker and fellow servant in the Lord's work, will give you all the news about me. That is why I am sending him to you, in order to cheer you up by telling you how all of us are getting along. With him goes Onesimus, that dear and faithful friend, who belongs to your group. They will tell you everything that is happening here.

 

============

 

Blurting out “Didn’t we have a great time at the club last night?” seemed inappropriate in church, but that’s what the guy asked me. I was trying to live a double or triple life. One segment I appeared to be one way another segment I appeared a different way.

 

  • I tried living a segmented life.
  • I wanted to “have pleasure” and “have CHRIST” and “have money” even though sometimes they conflict with one another.
  • I was embarrassed that one segment of my life was exposed to another.

 

Tychicus and Onesimus were dear friends of Paul. He mentions both in other letters in the highest regard. They observed his life and were witnesses to his actions in CHRIST. Paul had given up his life to follow CHRIST fully. To him, it was more profitable to follow the LORD.

 

My Observations

  • My life was given to me by the LORD for HIS purpose.
  • Any part of my life that I may be ashamed of will be exposed painfully or easily.
  • GOD uses my life to be an example one way or another.

 

“All the news” is scary to me. I mean, it seems like a huge amount of pressure to be “good” when I am not. Only GOD is good and I could never live up to any expectation that others may place on me by following HIM. Fortunately GOD does not require “good” people to mention HIM.

 

GOD uses sinners like me to say “I am forgiven by JESUS for all my sins, past, present and future!” By believing in JESUS, I have hope. I can now bring hope to the hopeless. No matter how much I have messed up, GOD is there. I am glad “All the news” includes JESUS forgiving me.

 

Challenge

  • What news do you think the writer is speaking about?
  • Do you feel you do not measure up to other people or are not meeting the expectations of those who have given their life to the LORD?
  • Will you let go of your life and place the burden of perfection on the only one who is, namely JESUS today?

No comments:

Post a Comment